The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise-up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings. “
We thought you would like to see our first graduation class from the Basic Business Course!
Business Training Program, Class #1
The training program is five full days. Each day includes:
- Kingdom Business: Examining the call to do business and Casting scripturally-based vision to create kingdom businesses that glorify God by creating profit financially, relationally, environmentally, and spiritually in their communities and churches.
- Biblical Business Ethics: specifically applying biblical virtues to our business life.
- Business Planning: developing the components of a sound Kingdom business plan.
- Business Skills: learning and practicing the skills needed to succeed.
The graduates are now busy drafting business plans. Working side-by-side with the leader of our Nepali team, Prakash, they will refine their plans. Qualified candidates will then develop a “profile” to be posted at www.c4id2.org
These profiles will describe the entrepreneur’s vision, personal investment and needed seed funding. These are sponsorship opportunities that we hope you will give prayerful consideration.
Then what happens? The seed funds changes lives and the nation as the entrepreneur develops their kingdom business. The entrepreneur repays their seed monies and gives additional donations to grow a small granary of seeds to help the next entrepreneur plant his or her Kingdom business.
The goal is Kingdom businesses that glorify God, that give opportunity to disciple the nation in and through the marketplace, and that provide for families, congregations, and communities. Kingdom businesses that can share the hope that is in us, despite the changing tides of government because, in Nepal, the tide is changing.
- In May of 2008 the nation became a “Federal Republic.” A change that ended the 240 year reign of a Hindu kingdom.
- Then in 2015 a new constitution was established. A constitution that contains 308 articles; one of which is a “non-conversion clause.”
- Then in August of this year, 2017, the parliament passed a law that makes religious conversion a criminal offense.
- Currently, the national elections for their parliament is being tabulated and the winners will likely either be the Maoist/Communists seeking to implement a Chinese-leaning market socialist government, or the Secular/Hindu coalition seeking to continue an Indian-leaning pro-Hindu coalition. The best guess is the Maoists will win but either way, traditional evangelism and witness will be under duress. Either way, change will likely limit the traditional church.
In response, it is time for the Church to saturate the business markets. Now is the time for two reasons: one, because a core calling of the Church is challenged — the mandate to make disciples, and two, because the business setting in Nepal is in desperate need of creating opportunities for work. Such opportunities have been so lacking that young leaders of all religions have left Nepal for work in other nations, often the Middle-East. Discipleship needs to expand beyond the walls of the church and into the marketplace.
This is why we are praying that you will join us in growing a training program that will empower Kingdom businesses. We want to partner with you and Nepali believers to launch a training and seed fund program that will empower Kingdom businesses to grow and multiply. As these kingdom businesses operate, individual lives can be changed and the nation can be discipled. As the Kingdom Businesses give back to the church, the community and the program, a sustainable cycle will grow.
A Pastor who has vision for an organic farm with a prayer center/church, receiving his certificate of graduation.
If you feel like this is an opportunity that you would like to invest in financially, either with a one-time gift, or ongoing monthly support, your gift/s will be tax deductible when given through the Center for International Design and Development (ID2). Please click here to give – Thank you!
Additionally, you may now see our website at https://c4id2org.wordpress.com/ and learn more about the Nepalese businesses that we are kickstarting. A one-time donation will help establish a Kingdom business, and will be loaned out, repaid, and then loaned again as many as three times. Our goal is to sponsor the start-up of as many as 100 businesses, which achieve sustainability for this endeavor.
If you prefer to send personal or bank checks, you can mail to:
17200 Chenal Parkway #300-139
Little Rock, AR 72223
Join us in empowering these graduates so they will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
For the expansion of His Kingdom,
Craig & Jennifer in the Himalayas
Glen & Tamra in Little Rock